cant get rid of dry eyelids!!!help!!

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

cant get rid of dry eyelids!!!help!!

for the past couple months my eyelids have had really dry flakey patches and i've tried everything to get rid of this from deep penetrating lotion to the expensive brands of corrective cosmetics and nothing has helped.also i noticed that when i wake up some mornings my eyelids have been swollen.thinking this is from the stuff i've been trying i had stopped and used nothing for a week and they still swell.some mornings worse then others and some mornings not at all.but my main concern is the dry patches on my eylids.is there anything i can do?

From the symptoms seborrheic dermatitis needs to be ruled out. Seborrheic dermatitis is a common skin condition that causes flaky,dry, white to yellowish scales to form on oily areas especially under the nose or anywhere on face.

Topical antifungals and mild steroids are the usual treatment and combination of the two can be used to treat stubborn patches. Oral antifungal drugs and immunomodulators such as tacrolimus and pimecrolimus are used in very severe cases. The other possibilities are of eczema or dermatitis. Best would be to consult a dermatologist and get biopsy skin done to confirm the diagnosis.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.
Avatar n tn
hi there! i found out what it was. i had an allergic reaction to the makeup remover-cleansing cloths i was using.used it one night and my eyes nearly swelled shut.they hurt so bad.it was burning.so i soothed them with a warm washcloth and put neosporin on them and im back to myself again.they are still sensitve but sooo much better.thank you!
Avatar n tn
well,i think my eyes are really sensitive from this reaction i had.cuz everytime i rub my eyes it flares up.i dont know what to do :( thought i had it under control.anything else i can do?