chemical rashes in the skin

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

chemical rashes in the skin

i was picking materials up off the ground that was soaked in concrete curing compound, a liquid used to seal and moisturize freshly poured concrete, i kept rubbing my face and the chemical got into my cheeks, the next day my cheeks swelled up and were itching, now i have cyst like bumps and itchyness when ever i am out in the cold for long periods of time, the insident happened 5 years ago, i used every cream and cleanser , one doctor said it was a fungas, another said i just had sensitive skin, another said there isnt anything that can be done, is it possible that the chemical could still be in my cheeks, and can surgery or some kind of treatment help me? the symptoms are hard bumps under the skin that turn my whole face red and itchy, as they get worse they form a circular ring with 6 bumps making up the circle, kind of like ring worm sort of, what can i do?
you need to go see a Dermatologist.  Unless a Dermatologist takes a skin biopsy of the areas with the Cysts there is no way to know for sure what it is. You can also check our "Ask an Expert" forum.
http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Dermatology/show/115

Sincerely,
Cindie. Dermatology CL
It can be due to hives, cholinergic urticaria or rarely granuloma annulare. Hives (medically known as urticaria) are red, itchy, raised areas of skin that appear in varying shapes and sizes. They have a tendency to change size rapidly and to move around, disappearing in one place and reappearing in other places, often in a matter of hours.

Many cases of hives are "idiopathic," meaning no cause is known. Others may be triggered by viral infections or medications. Wash the areas several times with fresh water. Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites. You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin. You can take some OTC oral antihistamine medications like Benadryl or Claritin and see if it helps.

If the symptoms persist then you may need topical and oral steroids for which you need to consult a dermatologist. Also then get other possibilities ruled out.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Have a Dermatology question?
100,000+ doctor answers