Dermatology Community
chicken pox or allergic reaction
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

chicken pox or allergic reaction

My husband had hernia surgey about 3 weeks ago.  Exactly 2 weeks to the day after surgery he began to itch all over.  I assumed it was dry skin as the weather is turning colder and he works outside.  He had developed a chicken pox like rash on his torso and head.  We started treating for chicken pox.  It has been over a week and he still has these symptoms.  But the bumps never burst nor scabed over as chicken pox will do.  The spots and raised bumps are red in the morning but are barely visable when he gets home from work, although still itchy.  Have been covering his torso and arm pits, neck, chest, upper arms with calamine lotion twice a day after showering.  Also taking benedrill for the itch.  Not sure if this is chicken pox or an allergic reaction to the mesh net for the hernia.  He is 43 years old.  Any help is appreciated.

Thanks