child itchy red sandpaperlike rash
4 year old girl has an itchy sandpaper -like rash on her lower abdomen and thighs. skin felt like sandpaper for a few weeks but with no itch and has just recently become inflamed, itchy and appears to be spreading down her legs. there are no other symptoms, fever etc and no new products or foods have been introduced. The rash does not cover the whole abdomen or legs but appears in patches.
any suggestions?
From the symptoms it can be atopic dermatitis, allergic, viral rashes or eczema skin. Give some antihistaminic like Benadryl or Claritin and wear cotton clothes. You can also apply calamine lotion on the rash. It will help in soothing the skin. A mild corticosteroid cream will also help but it should be used under a dermatologist’s guidance.
If the symptoms persist then please get an evaluation done from a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.