Dermatology Community
chronic cracked skin between toes in 1yr old
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

chronic cracked skin between toes in 1yr old

-My son has had cracked, red skin between his toes since birth. It comes and goes. I have tried apply lotion and leaving socks on. Am I doing the right thing? What could this be and what can I do about it.
Related Discussions
Hi,
It could be due to a fungal infection of the foot called Athlete's foot, also called Tinea Pedis or it could be an eczema.

Athlete's foot causes scaling, flaking and itching of the affected skin. Tinea pedis most often manifests between the toes, with the webspace between the fourth and fifth digits most commonly afflicted.

The fungal infection is often treated with topical antifungal agents, which can take the form of a spray, powder, cream, or gel. The most common ingredients in over-the-counter products are miconazole nitrate (2% typical concentration in the United States) and tolnaftate (1% typ. in the U.S.).

The use of a proper antibacterial and anti-fungal soap has been proven to aid in the prevention of athlete's foot.Also wear shower shoes or sandals in locker rooms, public showers, and public baths.
Wash feet, particularly between the toes, with soap and dry thoroughly after bathing or showering. Keeping feet dry and practicing good hygiene is crucial to preventing reinfection.
ref:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tinea_pedis

If it is eczema then mild to moderate Corticosteroid ointments are required to be applied on the area.

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank