chronic underarm ingrown hairs
I'm a 19 year old white female. The hair under my arms starts about a centimeter on my arm and goes down to where my breast begins and spans as far as possible without going onto my chest and back with many swirls and hairgrowth patterns. There have been times when immediately after shaving I'll come downstairs with a tank top on and my mom will unknowingly suggest I go back upstairs and shave. The easiest way to describe it is a constant "5 o'clock shadow". If I'm patient enough to let my armpit hair grow, and I have someone to help me wax them - I do. Otherwise I pluck them tweezers. I've had blood work to see if my thyroids and testosterone are off balance, but everything came back normal. Every time I wax or tweeze I get at least 1 or more ingrown hair. If I shave its hit or miss with ingrown hairs, but still appears hairy, and is easily irritated. I've not been to a dermatologist because my mom says its my fault I get ingrowns because I tweeze or wax.
The possibility of hidradenitis suppurativa needs to be ruled out in your case. Apply warm compresses on the lumps and keep the area clean. Topical antiseptic treatment and topical antibiotics such as mupirocin or neomycin containing ointment is very useful. If still the lumps persist then specific treatment like antibiotics, vit A supplements, corticosteroid injections, isotretinoin, antiandrogens and sometimes excision and drainage, laser therapy and radiotherapy are found useful. I feel that you should consult a dermatologist and discuss these options with him.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.