circle shaped rash

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

circle shaped rash

My daughter has a rash made up of red circles that are flat and not itchy.  They start small in size on her upper legs and then grow larger in circumference as well as spreading down her legs and feet.  Eventually the circles get large enough and break their form and become red lines spiraling around her legs.  It usually disappears shortly after that and then returns a week or so later.  My family doctor has no idea what it is and the dermatologist is booked for the next month and a half.  Any ideas for a desperate mom???
Without examination,confirmation of a diagnosis is tough but it can be pityriasis rosea.
Pityriasis rosea is a common human skin disease which presents as numerous patches of pink or red oval rash. The rash may be accompanied by low-grade headache, fever, nausea and fatigue and sometimes by itching.

No treatment is usually required. In most patients, the condition lasts only a matter of weeks or months(upto six months)

If the rash persists then it will be best to get it evaluated from a dermatologist.Other possibilities have to be ruled out then.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts.Kind regards.