circular sores

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

circular sores

i have these sores on my legs, inner thighs and occasionally under my chin and on my chest. they seem to only appear where hair grows. they are circular and somtimes have what looks like layers of dead skin in a circular shape around them. once i scratch them pop off the scab they form this large (2mm diameter) deep sore with a dark center in the middle. they seem to heal very slowly and are very annoying. they seem to form in areas of friction and areas where my pants rub on my legs and remove the hair. i am 25 and this only started happening in the last couple of years. i am kind of paranoid of a possible STD but somthing tells me it is not one...they seem like ingrown hairs at first but when i go to pick out the hair there seems to not be one there at all....anybody ever experience this??? could i have the staph virus??? does this sound like an STD???

This discussion is related to unknown deep circular sores?.
i have a similar problem . im about to be 21 yrs old and iv'e had these sores that look like cig burns ever since i was like 12 and i went to see a doctor and he could nt tell me what it was although a few other kids had it too. they uses to start out as a red bump with little white bumps around it and ooze. yuck! and now when ever i get a scratch or something it heals like a cig burn and its dark. i am bi polar and i had other issues as well and i sometimes bite my nails and pick scabs which i need to stop doing . but i can relate and i hate it because i want to show off my skin but i hate answering questions when people ask what happen to my arms or asking who burned me with a cig? does anyone know how to stop it or at least tell me what it is so when people ask i can give them answers. i feel like i have aids or something it looks like a STD. its summer and i want to wear a tank top for once.
Hello,my name is Russell.I read your post and it is almost identical to my problem.I hate to say but mine is way worse.I;m really thinking of going to the emergency room tonight.I can't take this anymore.Mine is so bad my neck and shoulders as well as one big one on my stumach are starting to scare me.So painful.I must have 30 or more on my back and neck alone.Please call me if there is anyone I can talk to.This is almost making me think suisidal thoughts.My number is 812-264-7255 I'm in Terre Haute Indiana.Someone please help my!!I'm serious this is bad!!! I'm a 50 year old male who has had skin issues my whole life but nothing like this.If you cant help please call and talk to me about what your going through so I don't feel like this is only happening to me.
   Thank You
    Russell
Also my email address is ***@****
Its an allergic reaction to something you are eating.  I hazard to guess its wheat.  It fits the symptoms - random allergic and inflammatory response with seemingly no cause.

Try reducing your carb intake to 50g/day for a month and eliminate all wheat products and increase your fat intake to compensate (stick to about 100g< of protein).  You will feel off the first two weeks as your body adjusts to the new diet but you should see the sores disappear (and probably a bunch of other issues as well) and feel a lot healther/better by months end.
Have you found a diagnosis?  All of you are describing  what sounds to me like Prurigo Nodularis.  I've been diagnosed with this skin disease for several years now. My nodules are separate and distinct, generally symmetric, discolored and firm.  They can appear on any part of the body, gut generally begin on the arms and legs.  Scratching/picking causes them to get the deep hole in the middle, and /or have a crusted top (yuck).  The Nodule pattern may be follicular.  They are very ugly and very slow to heal.  The only treatment that helps somewhat, for me at least, is corticosteroid injections directly into the thicker nodules.  It stops the cycle and allows them to heal, leaving dry darkened patchy scars.  This disorder can be very painful and itchy and not much can be done for it.  Sunlight and/or tanning beds seem to help lessen the scars. I've also found that stress exacerbates the eruption.  I feel like a gila monster lizard at times.