clear bump on inside of lip

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

clear bump on inside of lip

for about a week now i've had a small clear bump on the inside of my bottom lip. It's clear as can be and it looks a little dark in the middle. It does not hurt it's more just bothersome knowing it's there. I woke up this morning and it's bigger than before. Does anyone know what this could be? I did research and i don't think it's a canker sore. My email is ***@**** for any serious help.
A mucus cyst for sure,not a problem can get it removed at leisure.Do consult your doc.

Without examination,it is difficult to confirm a diagnosis,but from your description it looks like a mucocele.It is a rubbery, bubblelike painles swelling. It is usually inside the lower lip,under the tongue or the inside of mouth and caused mainly by biting the lips or trauma during eating of food.

Usually it goes away on its own.But if it does not,then corticosteroid injections and surgical removal by scalpel or laser are done by a dermatologist.It then has to be differentiated from other mucocutaneous lesions also.
Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts.Kind regards.