cluster of red rash very itchy

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

cluster of red rash very itchy

My body is reacting to something and I don't know what. My body is covered with clusters of red spots and are very itchy, nothing seems to help me. can anyone tell me what it is?  Also I have had this cluster of spots on the back of my neck which dries up to a scaley dry leathery skin and it feels really tighht.
were you bitten by something recently?  Have you had a skin biopsy? What were the results?  Does the rash go away and then reappear in the same places a few weeks later?
From the symptoms it sounds like contact dermatitis, hives or eczema. Hives are red, itchy, raised areas of skin that appear in varying shapes and sizes. Many cases of hives are "idiopathic," meaning no cause is known. Others may be triggered by viral infections or medications. Take some antihistaminic like Benadryl or Claritin and apply some calamine lotion on the rashes. If the symptoms persist then topical or oral steroids may be needed. Please consult a dermatologist in that case.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.