cluster of tiny white bumps on lower lip

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Hi there,

Five days ago I had a regrettable random sexual encounter.  It involved a lot of kissing and me performing very brief oral sex on a woman.  I stopped shortly after starting.  She did not perform anything on me.  

This is not something I normally do, and I became quite paranoid about what I might have done to myself the next day.  I also noticed a tiny cluster of white bumps on my bottom lip the next day.  There is no pain or real tingling.  I got it checked out by the doctor onboard the cruise ship where I work, and he said it looks like a fungal infection, not herpes or anything, and gave me some antibacterial cream to apply.  Through Googling different conditions, it seems to resemble "Fordyce Spots" the most, but I can't be sure.

Then just yesterday, I burnt my mouth with hot coffee and noticed a few sores on the inside of my lower lip.  They are pretty much white in color.  This only added to my paranoia.  Although, I assume that oral herpes typically consists of sores OUTSIDE the mouth.  These are probably just canker sores, which I know can be caused by stress or whatever (I'm definitely stressing out at the moment).  In addition, the white bumps seem to be spreading a little bit.

Are these Fordyce spots?  Could it be irritation from too much sun?  I can't get blood work or swab tests done onboard the cruise ship, which is maddening, so any advice from a medical professional on the mainland would be greatly appreciated.  

Oh, and I do dock in San Pedro, California on Sunday, so if anybody knows a good clinic I can stop by during the day, that would be very nice too.

Thanks so much for your time.
I should probably add that my genitals look and feel normal and the sores I noticed yesterday have pretty much subsided.  Ok, that's all I got.  Thanks in advance.
From the symptoms it looks like normal Fordyce spots and canker sores inside the mouth only. Herpes does not show immediately after intercourse and typically it presents as painful blisters that scab over. For the canker sores, avoid spicy or acidic foods during this time. You can use topical ointments like numbing ointments, such as benzocaine (Oragel), anti-inflammatory (steroid) gels, benadryl allergy liquid mouthwash, oral preparations of steroids and vitamin supplements.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thank you so much for your advice/diagnosis.  I plan on getting checked out at a clinic this Sunday and will gladly post the findings here.  It's nice to know there's a forum where people can get some answers from folks in the know.  :)
I have similar symptoms and seen several doctors, but no one has a clear diagnoses... Please let me know what you find out at the clinic.
Please does anyone kno what it is? I caught my white blister thing from kissing my boyfriend cuz he had that too, it hurts, I'm afraid to kiss my baby cause I don't want her getting it to, I want it to go away, it hurts so much I wanna cry,..how do I make it go away? And who knows what it is? Please help