constant appearing rash

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

constant appearing rash

hi
i get this constant appearing rash on my abdomen and legs just above the knees ,i am not sure what it is related to but geneally lasts for about an hour sometimes less ,if i lay on the area or am just sitting it tends to come up and can look like sunburn ,it is very sore and was wondering if anybody had the same or how it can be treated ,i dont know if it is related to allergie ,but i get a lot of bowel probs as well i have been tested twice for coliac but neg but do have problems eating such products ,which 95% of the time i dont ,but this rash still comes up ,,if i lay on my stomach in bed my abdomen goes red raw looking .....calamine lotion will ease it down ..but their must be an underlying cause ,,i have gone to a dermatolist and brought photos and was told they need to see the rash present and was given much time ,,i do have another app in june and was wondering was questions i should be asking if someone can relate to this

thanks so much
bump
Avatar_dr_m_tn

I cannot confirm anything without examination,but it can be due to hives. Hives (medically known as urticaria) are red, itchy, raised areas of skin that appear in varying shapes and sizes. They have a tendency to change size rapidly and to move around, disappearing in one place and reappearing in other places, often in a matter of hours.

Many cases of hives are "idiopathic," meaning no cause is known. Others may be triggered by viral infections or medications.When hives appear the next time,take some antihistaminic like Benadryl or Claritin.Also apply calamine lotion or mile steroid cream on the rashes.

If they persist then pls get them evaluated from a ermatologist.
Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries.