could it be a bite? herpes?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

could it be a bite? herpes?

Hi, I was just wondering what I possibly have on my skin.  I have a few random spots on my body (arm, wrist, back) that get a small red dot and sometimes itch.  They are not in clusters or anything. My boyfriend seemed to get them too. We have a small dog together and he often sleeps in our bed but i checked him and he doesnt seem to have fleas. Could it be from bed bugs? I don't have genital or oral herpes but just curious, could you get herpes all over your body anyway? or just genital and oral? Does this sound like herpes? Thanks. Anyone, please leave your advice or opinion.
herpes can occur in other areas than genital and oral.

it could be red bugs aka chiggers or no-see-ums.
Avatar n tn

It is definetly bed bugs.  My daughter lived her in laws a year ago and her baby had exactly what you described.  We took him to a dermatologist and even he couldn't figure it out.  Until our maid saw this, and went straight to his cot, lifted the mattress and pointed them out to us.