could this be impetigo? I am so confused!

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Hi, I am having a hard time finding an answer for this, even from my doctor.  Here is the story:

It started out as a whitehead pimple, and I popped it.  it started to go away, but then it got really red and itchy.  I thought it might be a cold sore (HSV), but I have never had an outbreak before and my last kiss was about 10 weeks ago.  I have had this now for over 3 weeks, and it isn't getting better.  It never actually wept any fluid, unless I itch it, then I can see some fluid, but not a lot.  I got an hsv blood test, but haven't received the results yet, however, I am still not sure if this is a cold sore.  What happens is it will start crust over and then it seems to get better, then crust over and get better, this happens over and over and over, and the whole time it itches so bad.  It isn't painful, and it doesn't look like an open sore.  I put makeup on right after I popped it w/out washing it.  I haven't really washed my face at all since I noticed it because I thought it might be a cold sore and I didn't want it to spread to anywhere else on my face (I do shower everyday, just don't wash my face), but now that I think about it, could this spread bacteria?  I don't want it to be a cold sore, but will accept it if it is, but the longer it stays around, the more I think it is something else?
Thank you for any help.
my  name is rena27  and i   been haveing  sores  like that about same thing you  are describeing  also i  been told  that i have imetigo to i been haveing sores around my nose and chin . and l bottom lips  and  vigina (vagina) area  to    its goes  away then comes back  again same area my docter said was that it was fungal infection . i  to have had hard time finding out  the name of my  name of my infection
Avatar_dr_f_tn

Are there similar lesions in other parts of the body like the trunk or extremities?

Are lesions localized only on the face?

Any prior flulike symptoms before?

Are you taking any medications that could have caused your symptoms?

Your lesions sound like they are vesicular ( or contains fluid).A primary differential if this is the case is an impetigo.An impetigo may present with vesicles containing amber colored clear fluid.The vesicles are very fragile and when they rupture they usually form crusts that are honey colored.

I suggest you ask your doctor if you can be placed on an initial course of antibiotics to see your response. Refrain from sharing towels.If this is impetigo,this may be  contagious.Refrain from unnecessarily touching the area.Also avoid scratching the area as this may cause further spread of the infection.
i  really need some help  its spreading  through  hole body its getting worse   what can i do i bought some medcine for it  but its comeing monday  on my breast to  how do take shower  ian getting really bad now  can please help me  my back hurts  bad to '
Avatar_dr_f_tn

If this is a case of impetigo then this is something  contagious. If a topical medication fails  to contain the infection, I suggest that you seek immediate consult since you may be needing oral medications.

A consultation with a physician is necessary.I do not want to cause further alarm here but impetigo is caused by staphylococcal or streptococcal organisms and they may cause further infections that may inolve the blood and kidneys.

These conditions are usually responsive to antimicrobials and may readily be treated.

Do keep us posted regarding physicians advice.
i got  the medcine i t is callef  dermisil  should just go see a docter  or will this work  its  sread other parts  of my body    show go  physician  what shold i do   it itchy really  bad spread on vigina (vagina) area
i going  to see dermatolgst about my face in skin  but i put dermisil on my face its almost  clear two  spot or geting  scabes on them  and  my  chin is clear  so iam still useing it    this has  really sucked  for me  so iam going to have the physician lokk at me
Have a Dermatology question?
100,000+ doctor answers