cracked and painful palms and soles

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

cracked and painful palms and soles

I think it is a fungus and have been treating it like it is. I have had recurring itching on my palms and then dry chafed and chapped skin forms and then it cracks open. Yikes does that hurt! and the same on my feet right at the heels and ball of my foot and on my big toe at the edge. the cracks get so deep and sore I cannot walk sometimes.

I tried some medicine to kill it   but that only worked for a short time and then it all came back.
I continue to use a petroleum jelly based fungus gel and that keeps it at bay...but they still crack and always seem to get worse at my mid cycle with my period. and then just get bad again  that is worse...especially  on my feet until I get my period and then it sort of just calms down for a while and and then starts up again two weeks later.  to say the least it is annoying and ugly and I have gotten to the point that I don't know what to take or do to help the situation. It is on my right hand mostly and just a little on my fore finger and on both feet but especially bad on the left foot. I am really in need of some advice and suggestions on what to do to help it go away permanently.  
From the symptoms pompholyx should be ruled out. Pompholyx primarily involves the hands and fingers and then may involve the feet. The first stage is acute and presents as itchy blisters on the hands, fingers and toes. Then the chronic stage shows more peeling, cracking, or crusting. Then the skin heals up, or the blistering may start again. The exact cause is not known and excessive sweating can be one of the reasons.
Best would be to consult a dermatologist and get biopsy skin done to confirm the diagnosis.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.