cracked skin on the thumb and nail maybe fungusy?
i play lots of golf, even in the winter. The skin on the thumb splits and usually I can control this prolem with vasaline. BUT now the thumb nail looks like another is coming up under neath the original. The color is a little yellow on the tip.
I am currently using vasaline, Lamasil and Zims Crack cream which I purchased at CVS. This problem has be going on for 6 weeks. How about some magic wand. I really dont want to have the nail removed since tournament season is coming very soon

This discussion is related to fungal infection on fingertips.
From the symptoms fungal infections of the nail need to be ruled out. In onychomycosis(nail fungal infection) nail plate can have a thickened, yellow, or cloudy appearance. The nails can become rough and crumbly, or can separate from the nail bed. I am not sure of this home remedy but topical and oral antifungals are needed which are available under prescription. My sincere advice would be to consult a dermatologist and get a KOH examination of the nail and skin specimen done to confirm the diagnosis.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.