cronic hives

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

cronic hives

I have had hives on and  off since I was a child.  i AM NOW 64 AND HAVE THEM WORSE THAN EVER.  How do I get rid of them once and for all.?????

This discussion is related to Could my chronic hives be related to a hormone imbalance.
Tags: hives
You cannot get rid of them once and for all. You wil have to deal with the symptoms as and when they occur.

When you have an allergic reaction to a substance, histamine and other chemicals are released into your bloodstream, causing itching, swelling, and other symptoms. Hives are a common reaction, especially in people with other allergies like hay fever.

Try and avoid the substances that can trigger hives:Shellfish, fish, nuts, eggs, milk, and other foods, Pollen and Animal dander (especially cats).

The effects of hormonal imbalance caused by the body's reaction to long-term stress is proven to be a substantial threat to good health.
hives can help
Many people wonder, can stress cause hives? The skin is the largest organ in the body, and it is very sensitive. Stress is known to alter our internal chemistry, and can cause a hormonal imbalance. This hormonal imbalance can significantly impact your overall health, and can affect the skin. So the answer to the question, can stress cause hives, is yes.
It would be good for you to deal with any underlying cause that might be triggering this off.
http://www.healthy-skin-guide.com/can-stress-cause-hives.html
I have excruciating hives that look like bug bites that recur at the same spots each month about 3 days before I begin menstruating.  I'm firmly convinced that they are related to hormones.  I'm 56.  This has been happening for 2 years.  I've had a biopsy done to rule out insect bites.