crusty lips

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

crusty lips

I have white crusty lips kind of like really chapped lips. I kind of think its an allergy . Any ideas or experiences.
Avatar n tn
Hi razzle,
How are you doing?
Well you have pointed out right; crusty lips can be due to allergy. Do you remember anything which on applying or exposing yourself to causing repeated crusting of lips?
Do you have asthma or contact dermatitis or does your skin goes dry soon?
If answer to any of above question yes, then it suggests that you have allergic disorder.
You can consult a dermatologist initially to rule out all possible skin condition and then you can consult an allergologist.
Hope this helps.
Bye.
Avatar n tn
Try some good moisturise or lip balm with a sunscreen in it. Drink plenty of fluids so that your body is well hydrated. It would be advisable to take multi vitamins and mineral supplements including B complex and Zinc. That should help. If the symptoms still persist consult your dermatologist.
Avatar n tn

This most probably is some form of dermatitis. Please consult your dermatologist.