cut in corner of mouth

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

cut in corner of mouth

Hi. A couple of days ago, i felt a cut in the corner of my mouth. like a papercut. I thought it was a cold sore at first, so i put on campho phinique. oops. and i put neosporin on it.. and i looked online and it said to put petroleum jelly so that is what is on it now. I looked it up and its called angular cheilitis? There was an online 3 day remedy to download, but i had to pay, and I don;t want to pay for that. Does anyone know what exactly cures it the fastest? I would really appreciate it cause i dont want it to get any worse.. especially when I am standing up in a wedding on Friday.. and just because I don't want it there anymore. If anyone could help me out that would be great.

This discussion is related to angular cheilitis or cold sore?.
Treatment of angular cheilitis depends on the cause. For mild infection caused by bacteria , applying a topical antibiotic to the area for several days is sufficient to treat the infection. Minor cases caused by a fungal infection can be treated by over-the-counter antifungal creams. Please get the cause confirmed from a dermatologist.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.