dandruff and acne
i am 27 years old female, I have dandruff in egg like form and small grain like bumps all over my face not exactly pimples.the skin around my forehead is rough.Please help me.
These small bumps are due to clogged pores due to dandruff falling on face. Eat a healthy diet. You can also take vit B6 and vit A and E which are good for hair and skin. Try medicated shampoos for dandruff. There are a number of over-the-counter shampoos available that can help. The most effective ingredients -- antimicrobials -- to look for are zinc pyridinethione, selenium sulfide, sulfur and ketoconazole (also available by prescription). If your hair is colored, don't use products with selenium sulfide or sulfur.

For these small bumps on face which could be due to acne due to clogging of pores, you should wash your face 2-3 times daily with a mild soap, avoid stress and oil based products. It is also not advised to pierce the pimples. Use could use an antibiotic cream like erythromycin or an ointment containing benzoyl peroxide for the pimple to heal.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.