dark, itchy spot

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

dark, itchy spot

I have a dark, dry, itchy spot on my groin area. It's between my hip and pubic area and it looks kinda like a light colored bruise or a light birthmark. It is not raised. It itches some during the day and more after a hot shower, sometimes more than others. When looking at it in a mirror it's not very noticeable at all, unless you just knew it was there. Any suggestions to what this could be?

Without examination,it is very difficult to confirm a diagnosis,but it can be eczema,contact dermatitis rash(allergic or irritant0,seborrheic dermatitis ,fungal infection(ringworm) or psoriasis.

Wash your groin daily and then dry thoroughly by pat drying,not rubbing. A hairdryer is useful if you have hairy groins.The damp groin is an ideal site for fungi to multiply.Also wear cotton underwears and change them twice a day. and do not share other people’s towels.Treatment for fungal infections includes antifungal drugs and for the rest,it is oral antihistaminics and corticosteroids except psoriasis. I feel that you should consult a dermatologist and get this rash assessed so that specific treatment(antifungals or corticosteroids) can be started.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing and if you have any additional queries.

Avatar n tn
i have bumps on my legs what itches everyday nonstop they turn into puss everytime they heal it burst rite back and leave dark ugly spot what this mean
Avatar n tn
I have a dark spot (pale black, not raised) on my leg and one much lighter (not noticable that much) under my lower lip. First I thought these are mosquito bites as they were red and itchy. after a few days the itch and redness was gone and they became less noticable. But the wiered thing is every few months they both at a same time become red and a bit raised and itchy for a few days just like they have been biten recently. this has been happening for the third time during last year. I am wondering what thwy are??? does any one have any idea?