dark bumps under arms

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

dark bumps under arms

im african american and i have small dark bumps under my arms. they are SUPER embarrassing and im a dancer and i cant even wear my dance attire without being embarrasses. they dont hurt they are just THERE they arent tiny but they are not big either. their just like little slightly raised black bumps. im DESPERATE to know how to get rid of them
Although my skin is rather pale, so the marks are a tad different in shade, I think I may have dealt with something similar. Are they in an area you usually shave? I used to get raised, red bumps on my underarms that I soon found out were a reaction to the soap-like liner they put in womens' razors. Afterwards, I discovered via my GP that I was allergic to the sulfates in most soap products, and that was the likely cause of my various bumps that eventually occurred all over. If you can, I would recommend trying out sulfate-free products and asking your GP.
Without examination it is very difficult to confirm a diagnosis, but it can be solar keratosis(small rough or scaly areas of skin due to damage from sun exposure), Dermatosis papulosa nigra(firm, smooth, raised, dark brown to black bumps occur on the face and upper trunk; usually runs in families) , seborrheis keratosis(small lumps due to a thickening of an area of the top skin layer) ,syringoma(bumps caused due to overgrowth of cells),moles or freckles.

I sincerely advise you consult a dermatologist and get the diagnosis confirmed. Mode of treatment for all is entirely different.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

I'm.african American I'm 19 years old and I have this dark bump under my arm but under my armpit its itchy also sometimes or when I touched it I guess please help me...its only 1 its soft but looks like a light rash but its soft like skin and you just feel a lump