dark circle and dark neck

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

dark circle and dark neck

I have dark circles issue and also have dark neck from back wat is the reason of it and how to cure it.

thanks.

This discussion is related to Dark areas on neck.
Avatar_dr_f_tn

Dark pigmentation on the skin especially involving the neck, the inner thighs and the arm pits may be due to hormonal imbalance. If there are associated weight problems and adrenal problems, then dark skin pigmentations may present. If this has been present for quite some time already, then you may need to have this assessed by an internist. An endocrinology referral may be necessary.

Apply vitamin E cream over the dark areas. Do not rub or scrub vigorously. This may thicken the skin. Mildly exfoliate from time to time.

How old are you?

Do you have any associated conditions like diabetes?
i have had this dark ring on my neck since i was 5 and i am now 23. Its been really hard to deal with and when i was younger i would crub so bad i would hurt my self. Im actually considering lazer surgery for it. i hope that does the trick. I dont know of any other remedies to make it go away. a simple scrub does not help. Some people say that it is dirt. i still have no clue. what would you suggest?
acanthosis nigricans is what it sounds like
i hv the same problem and nothing helped me. i m 22,no diabetes,i m nt fat....it ***** wen i cant wear some kinda dresses just bcz my back neck complexion is darker than the rest.it seems like dirt to others but they arent.no doctor has provided me any solution .it *****....
I had this problem long time ago went to see the doctor and he said to use Selsun Blue Shampoo I used it for that summer ( thats when I always get it dirty brown blotches around my neck and shoulders sometime they look like hickies) I put a quarter size on a wet face cloth and scrubed not hard  done it every shower and GONE!!!! now my 22 yearold son has it and its fadding away slowly but you can notice the diff.Again its Selson Blue Shampoo you can get it at any drug store. I hope it will help,it did for me.
A 13 year old was tested for diabetes,because of the dark circle on the neck.We want to know if it is diabetes or the kidneys.
it is horible i have a dark ring around my neck ever since i was little.i was tested for diabetes but i do not have it if anyone can help please do!

I think this tips will helps you. Take at least 8 to 10 hours of sleep daily. You can apply cucumber slices over the eyes for 15 minutes. Aloe vera juice is also helpful for removing dark circles. Make a paste of turmeric powder with pineapple juice and apply it on the affected area.