dark loose skin in groin area

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

dark loose skin in groin area

I noticed today that an area of dark loose skin has formed on both my inner thighs/groin area. It is a line vertically centered on both inner thighs if I am standing.  It is only about 2 inches in length on both sides but does make contact my testicles.  This discolored area feels more loose than the rest normal colored skin and I have never seen this before. It is not dry or itchy.  It definitely feels easier to press into and is softer than surrounding areas.  It kind of looks like a bruise, but it doesn't hurt.  It seems to be spreading. What could this be? I am 29 years old 6'3" 185lbs
It can be due to hyperpigmentation of the groin fold or due to intertrigo skin. The other possibility is of erythrasma skin. In this groins are effected but the typical appearance is well-demarcated, brown-red macular patches. The skin has a wrinkled appearance with fine scales.

I suggest you to get it examined from a dermatologist to confirm the diagnosis.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.