dark skin on face

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

dark skin on face

i just noticed from 4-5 weeks, dark skin on my cheek bones on both sides of my face. what is it? is it melasma??? though i m not pregnant, never on birth control pills, not too much sun exposure, but i did take acne control medicine commonly name acetone for a month only, that too 2 months back. so, what are these dark patches on my face??? and how could it b cured??

This discussion is related to Chloasma Questions.
Accutane increases the sensitivity of skin to sunlight and also causes hyperpigmentation as its side effect. Usually it goes away after you stop the medicine but it goes away very gradually and may take several months to go away. In some cases it is irreversible and may not go away.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.