dark spots on the back of my neck,chest,and under arms

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Hi i'm a hispanic girl and had problems with my skin since i was a child. my skin was perfectly fine nothing changed. but around the age of 11-13 i started getting dark spots on my neck, chest, under arms, and elbows. i went to 6 different doctors to see what it was but they never gave me a direct answer to what it was. i even went to a dermatologist and 5 of them came into the room and still did not know what it is. they gave me a cream to apply on the spots but they never changed. Right now my neck and chest are purple (spot thats on my neck has grown into my hair) the spot under my arms are fading but i don't know why are how there fading. my neck and chest was normal 2 weeks ago but then it got darker than usual.PLEASE!!!!!  help me figure out what this is!!
From the symptoms it can be pityriasis versicolor or pityriasis rosea. The other possibilities are polymorphous light eruption, photodrug eruption and lichen planus actinicus. I suggest you to get an evaluation done from a dermatologist and discuss these possibilities with him.

I Hope it helps. Take care and regards.