darkened scaly skin on legs

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

darkened scaly skin on legs

In March last year I was hospitalised during a total hip replacement.  After the operation while in hospital I used SKUDS on both legs to prevent any blood clots.  One morning the nurse was removing my skuds from my legs and I noticed the skin on both lower legs had turned black. This blackness stayed on my legs and 6 months after started coming off in round scales almost like fish scales.  One leg is  ok now, just slightly dark, but the other still has many dark brown patches that needs to come off and the skin underneath resembles corned beef, but getting lighter.  There is no itching connected with this but the skin does feel quite greasy on the scales.  I do suffer with water retention in my feet and legs but have had tests done on my vascular system in the legs and also circulatory test which both prove to be ok.  Does or has anybody else have this problem?  I am a 67yr old female.  
From the symptoms it can be stasis dermatitis or vascular eczema. Stasis dermatitis effects the lower limbs mostly. It is mostly from vascular problems in the lower limbs. I would suggest you to get it evaluated from a dermatologist and get the diagnosis confirmed.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I hope it helps. Take care and regards.

I am so very happy with the result I have had since you replied to me, as
I had mentioned my problem and shown it to many doctors who didn't even want to look at it.  I looked up Stasis Dermatitus on the net, and sure enough there was a photo of a really bad case of it, and I  knew that was my problem to a lesser degree.  I rubbed vaseline on my legs for a few nights and the scaly skin just peeled right off and my leg is almost back to normal.  Thank you so much for taking the time to reply to my post  and am very  grateful for the time you took to reply.  

Thank you fro your kind words. I am happy that you were relieved. Take care and regards.