darkening groin

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

darkening groin

hi! i would like to ask what are creams that can make a groin to be whiten. I gave birth then after that I cant make it back to its normal color. then  tried a whitening cream it made it horrible!i got skin rashes. what should i do Doc. Could you please help me.
It is normal for the folds of the skin to be dark in some people. Other than that, it can be due to hyperpigmentation skin or acanthosis nigricans. This darkening occurs when an excess of melanin, the brown pigment that produces normal skin color, forms deposits in the skin.

Treatment involves hydroquinone, azelaic acid, corticosteroids, tretinoin cream and laser treatment. Please discuss these options with your dermatologist before using them.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.