deep itch

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

deep itch

I have a deep itch on my upper left shoulder and also a burning pain almost like I have a pulled muscle. The itching is driving me crazy. What can I do?
It can be due to nerve pain and itch. It can also be due to metabolic disorders like diabetes, hypothyroidism, and hypoparathyroidism. They can also be due to peripheral vascular disease, vitamin B12 deficiency or malnutrition.

Get your blood sugar and thyroid hormones levels evaluated. You can take some vit B12 for some days and see if the symptoms are gone or not.

In case the symptoms persist then please consult your doctor to get it evaluated.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Brachio-radial pruritus.Leftsided is common in US. Relationship to sunrays has been an association. Icepacks help. Differential diagnosis- Zoster sine herpete(Shingles with out rash).
Best wishes.
thank you and I will be going to the dr next week
I want to thank you for your insite. I will be going to the dr next week and will let you know how it goes. again thank you so much.
I went to the Dr today 10/18/11 He didn`t know. The xray didn`t show anything, he did have blood drawn to do the work up to suggested but wont know until day after tomorrow. He did give me Gabapentin 100 mg. twice a day. Don`t know how that works yet, but will let you know how all this goes. Again I want to think you for your help I dont think I would have gone if you hadn`t said I should.
That you have been put on gabapentin would give me a provisional diagnosis of   Brachio-radial pruritus.