demodex mites in skin

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

demodex mites in skin

hi my name is dawn
i am very upset, my skin is awful and im miserable. ive had this for 4 years. been to 3 derms, and have had biopsys, and they have not helped me, gave me triamcynaclone and im at my worse, after reading about demodex mites i think thats what i have, i have crawling. and red face with with little things in roots. and all over my whole body. i could pull out white things all the time some little some long , and sores from picking all over my body. any thing i could do thats cheep to help, im not working. and is it contagious. so far no one else seems to be bothered by this in my family including my boyfriend that im with alot . please help im saverely depressed and im lost i cant take too much more of this. im misserable and look terrable.

This discussion is related to Candida: need info re. sheath or film over the skin.
If the biopsies have come out clear, then it is unlikely that there are some mites. Crawling sensations can be found in metabolic disorders like diabetes, hypothyroidism, and hypoparathyroidism. They can also be due to peripheral vascular disease, vitamin B12 deficiency or malnutrition.

Get your blood sugar and thyroid hormones levels evaluated. You can take some vit B12 for some days and see if the crawling is gone or not.

In case the symptoms persist then please consult a neurologist as it can be due to some neurological disorder. For the bumps, I would like to rule out any folliculitis or cysts. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.