dermatillomania anxiety ADHD ocd

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

dermatillomania anxiety ADHD ocd

I am an 18 year old male who has had dermatillomania for five years I never heard if it until recently and the description is to the tee.
I believe this may have been caused by traumatic events in my childhood, ADHD, long drug history in parent, stress, repressed rage, ocd and anxiety.
im tired of picking at my arms and need advice on how  to deal with this and my other problems.
Also would prescription meds for anxiety such as xanax help?
Pills may help you only if you are ready deal with your anxiety. You are the only one who can help you, but pills themselves wont cure you for sure.
I am not a person who can give you a pill advise I avoid them as much as can. I didn't took a pill for years, not even a painkiller.

It's hard to deal with anxiety or ADHD disorder, harder then I thought it would be. Some days are better then others and just when you think you'r fine some unexplained mood or anger hits you, or you just find yourself doing something you shouldn't (like picking or whatever,...)

But what I've learned so far, it's important to redirect yourself when you realize what you are doing.  To not feel guilty if these habits happen again, that can make you feel anxious even more. Anxiety finds relieve in compulsive behavior and it becomes part of us, which is hard to change over night. So, it's important not to go back into destructive behavior when these things happened again, they are allowed to happen and you don't have to go all the way back to move on. We have to accept it and just continue with what we are doing... I believe you know what I am talking about.