dermatology

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

dermatology

My wife has tiny, itchy, red ,bite like symptoms all over her body. She said they itch continyously. Her doctor said they were bug bites but they have not bothered me (her husband) . We are sure they are not bug bites .They may appear anywhere on her body. She scratches the area and it drys up but not right away. If anyone can help, please advise. Thank you. .
Going by your wife’s symptoms, the possibility of scabies is high. It is an infestation of the skin with the Sarcoptes scabiei mite. It is characterized by intense itching, usually at night and by small insect-type bites lesions on the skin. Diagnosis of scabies is made by scraping the skin and viewing the material under a microscope to see the characteristic mite or eggs.
Diagnosis can be confirmed only after clinical examination. I feel that a dermatologist would be the best person to evaluate that.

Hope it helps .Take care and please do keep us posted in case you have any additional queries. Kind regards.