Dermatology Community
developing moles and whitening of hair
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

developing moles and whitening of hair

hello Doctor! I am a female, 23 years old, Asian with wheatish complexion. Well I, actually, don't have just one dermatological problem. I have acne since my teens. But my question is not regarding acne. Its regarding moles. Some time back (don't remember when, may be one or 2 months) I had developed a small mole (black spot about 1mm non-protruding) on my lower lid (right). I didn't take much concern. But now I have developed mole on my forehead. It's formation has been sudden, i dont have any trauma, ***** or bleeding history at this area. I used to have only one mole (black spot non-protruding) on left side of forehead since years which now appears slightly darker. Overnight I have developed tiny light black spot below it. And another mole on Right side of forehead. All these moles are non-protruding, less than or about 1mm, circular in shape. I take non-prescribed folic acid tablets off and on, missing doses a couple of days. I am currently on isotrex gel as well which i use once at night. Its been about 4-5 months I suppose I am applying isotrex. I started Oxytetracyclin oral 250mg BID and isotrex gel together 5 months back. For 2 months I continued Oxytetracyclin BID and on the 3rd month I reduced the dose to once daily. Its been 2 month I stopped taking the antibiotic. But i continued using the gel. Well, my acne did return after stopping the medication but its not much severe. I am thinking to discontinue isotrex gel also. Well after 3 months of antibiotic, I noticed white hair dispersed throughout my scalp. I am not sure if it was side effect. I have multiple questions, but don't know where to start from. Are these moles serious, that I am developing? Should I concern a dermatologist or is it side effect of any medication?  Can a person develop moles after 20s? What is the reason for it? And what should I do to prevent these moles forming? And can antibiotics cause whitening of hair? Thank You! It will be very kind of you to reply!