diffuse hair loss all over scalp with severe itch and pain

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

8119612?1341714846
Hi there, i am a 19 year old male, for nearly a year i have been having hair loss/thinning and a severe itch on my scalp where some days it becomes very intense and prevents me from doing my day to day activities as it requires me to remain indoors as whenever i try i relieve the pain by stroking my hair it cuases my scalp to hurt by moving my hair follicules, and whenever at the site of the itch hair seems to fall there. i also have spots that seem to appear on the sides and back of my scalp as well where some you can feel as bumps but not see. i have been to a dermotologist where they have said that i have male pattern baldeness but they did not say anything about my scalp pain or itch. i have then gone to the institute of tricologist in London where the consultant has said that its not male pattern baldness as the hair loss is thinning and being post on the top sides' and back of my scalp and said that it may be telegon effluviam and folliculitus (folliculitis) which he gave me an iodine based shampoo to relieve the itch and pain. However the hair loss / itchy scalp has still remianed and i do not know what to do i have attached a picture to show what the loss looks like on the top of my scalp i cannot seem to add more than one but if you wish for more photos i will send them to you. my scalp also seems to appear red. this may not aid to your response but my eyes always itch after i touched my hair and then rub my eyes where by my eyes begin to pain, Also my eyebrow and eye lash hair fall as well. i would like to thank you again for taking your time, i really would appriciate an answer as i cannot seem to get one that would help me.
Have a Dermatology question?
100,000+ doctor answers