discoloration around inner thighs and around my vagina

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

I have discoloration around inner thighs and around my vagina.  It itches sometimes and the edge of the discolored skin has a different texture than the rest of my skin. I had this problem for about a month. Does anyone have any idea what it is?
Avatar dr f tn
HI,

THis could be due to an irritation, infection or skin conditions such as dermatitis. In particular,  tinea cruris is caused by a fungal infection that presents with red, raised, scaly patches that may blister and ooze. Diagnosis is through the appearance of the skin or scraping of the skin observed under the microscope. The fungus  thrives in warm, moist areas and can be triggered by friction from clothes and prolonged wetness in the groin area. It can be passed from one person to the next by direct skin-to-skin contact or contact with unwashed clothing.   It is important that you keep the skin clean and dry as well as avoid clothing that rubs and irritates the area. If it persists, have this evaluated by your doctor for proper management.

Take care and keep us posted.

Avatar n tn
Hi are you on BC pills?? I had the same exact thing and when I switched BC pills, it started going away. It's not completely gone but it drastically better and hardly noticeable. I was on Yaz so maybe but it could happen with any pill. Hope this helps!