discoloration on glans(glands)

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

discoloration on glans(glands)

is it at all common for there to be some discoloration on the glans (glands) penis? I have some red splotchy areas on the top portion of my glans (glands) penis. I have been diagnosed with hsv2 and at the time I was looking at my penis very closely. This was about 8 months ago but the discoloration couldve been there much longer, bc like I said I was studying my penis closely bc having hsv2 made me paranoid. The redness is more visible when I take a hot bath. It isn't raised, painful, or sensitive, which is another reason why I can't put a time frame on how long it's been there. It isn't typical of any STD, and the only thing I could think of is irritation from
a lot of masturbating I used to do, but it doesn't seem like it would last this long. Is skin variation like this normal? I read penis cancer is very rare, but I'm a pretty bad hypochondriac. Any insight would help. Thanks
also, while recently examining the area, I pulled the red area on top of the glans (glands) and it appears as though there may be some fordyce spots under the skin. I suppose it's a logical guess as they're visible everywhere else on my penis when pulled taut. Would this explain the red splotchiness or no. The only thing I'm severely worried about is penile cancer. I'm 24 yrs old and, although I am hsv2 positive, have only had 1 sexual partner. As stated before it's a painless spot so im wondering if that rules out balanitis. Pls help

Without eaxmintion it is very difficult to confirm a diagnosis,but the various possibilities for such kind of rash are sweat dermatitis,heat rash,contact dermatitis(allergic or irritant) ,friction rub of the skin with clothes due to continuous sitting and eczema.

Pls do not use any cosmetic product at the site,maintain a good hygiene and apply calamine lotion on this rash.It will help in soothing the skin.Wear cotton and free flowing clothes and avoid sitting for too long.If there is any itching then oral antihistaminics like benadryl will be useful.You can also apply mild corticosteroid cream on the rash.

If the symptoms persist then pls consult a dermatologist for a complete clinical examination.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts.

there is no itch, pain or sensitivity at all. Could those conditions u listed last a really long time, bc I know I've had it for at least 8 months, probably longer.  Is it possible that it could be normal skin variation? I know the skin on the glans (glands) is very thin and there's a lot of vessels. Could the explain the redness, which is much more noticable after a hot bath or after masturbation? Is there a high concern for cancer?