do i have a risk of getting cancer?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

do i have a risk of getting cancer?

hi, i have benn here(u.s. texas) only about 2 years and for more than a year i have had a fungus infection(skin thinnig and looks like acne)on my chest and still do.when i went to the doctor first time she told me it was acne. but when i went to a different doctor she told me it was a fungus infection and gave me medication. but before i went to the second doctor i had a open wound in my chest for months pus and watery stuff coming out of it and came a lymph node with it.i was given an antibiotic for it and when i used it the wound was gone before 7 days.it has been months but the lymph node is still there.i felt like it was reducing though.and recently i found my temperature is about 99 F* mostly in the evening.i always have a feeling that i have cancer. are these the symptoms of cancer or is it normal?
Avatar_dr_f_tn

Are there other signs or symptoms present? The most common warning sign of skin cancer is a change in the appearance of the skin, such as a new growth or a sore that will not heal. In your case, the open wound was gone with the antibiotics which means it was an infection. Fever could be due to this infection or any of the following: skin inflammations, immunological diseases, tissue destruction, or medications. It would be best to see your doctor for further work-up to eliminate other causes and anxiety in your part. Take care and keep us posted.
Have a Dermatology question?
100,000+ doctor answers