Dermatology Community
does this sound like rosacea? maybe an allergy?
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

does this sound like rosacea? maybe an allergy?

I woke up one morning a few weeks ago with two bright red splotches on my cheeks and little bumps all over my face (the bumps themselves weren't red. just looked like raised, rough skin). After a couple of days, the bright red splotches faded and after two weeks the bumps completely disappeared. However, it's now been four weeks and i still get flushed. I also realized after my facial flushing subsided that it's all over my whole body. I get bright red head to toe. I have no known allergies and no itch (so i didn't think it was hives).  Thought it could be rosacea but seems odd that my whole body would get red. If anyone has any ideas it would be much appreciated.

Related Discussions
for the past two years i have had red flat burn on face. it looks like a blow torch it..like a mask...mostly cheeks and forhead never nose but DARK red...soo painful.... and really dry skin everywhere else. two dermys, one allergist. two blood work for lupus (neg) and acouple times on predisone and hysrocortison on face was temporary.they tol dme ezcema (eczema) but no rash it was flat..they told me allergies maybe food, they told me roscea.. i spent 100 of dollars on products for roscea, did the pulp laser beam (500 bucks), etc etc, well NOW i wash my face with spring water and dover or olay cleaning pads...and got a shower head with filter.. ALL my burning ugly pain face has gone away.. my dry skin on lower legs are not  dry, chalky looking and gouged from me scratching. it is all healed. i never thought it would be my tap water but changing that one thing has finally got my skin back to normal and i am not in any more pain or look like a freak. even small ezcema (eczema) looking patch on hip is gone.
hope you find what your trigger is.
jill
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979