dry & burning lips sensation

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

dry & burning lips sensation

i've been having the chapped dry lips with burning sensation last september 2010, when i got pregnant. however, up to this time, i still have dry & burning sensation on my lips? tried changing my toothpaste, stopped eating foods with eggs, chicken & seafoods, also tried "Tricort" it helps but i usually end up having the outer part of my lips to darkened... already tried lip balms but it only seemed to worsen the scenario. although it comes it goes, but most of the time it appears to be swollen, reddish, & chapped all over. hope you can help me...
Firstly, It can be due to vit B deficiency. Take some vitamin B complex for some days and see if your symptoms improve. Avoid licking the lips as saliva evaporates quickly resulting in them being drier than before. Drink plenty of water and take multivitamin supplements and do not apply lipstick or other cosmetic products for some days. Use a humidifier to moisturize the air in your home and apply shea butter or Vaseline on your lips.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.