dry,flaky rad skin around nose
i have had this dry red skin around my nose for about two years now, it just will not go away.
it is now slowly spreading around my face.
it does itch, it is uncomfortable and sometimes very sensitive..
please help

Dry red skin around my nose may be due to several causes like perioral dermatitis, contact dermatitis, allergy, rosacea, psoriasis, irritants etc.

Perioral dermatitis is a chronic skin condition characterized by rashes, papules and pustules mainly perioral, i.e. around the mouth. It usually affects young women. The cause of perioral dermatitis is unknown but may be due to use of topical steroids, cosmetics, fungi (Fusiform spirilla bacteria, Candida species) or hormonal factors. It is aggravated by UV light, heat, and wind.

The diagnosis is made clinically and histologically. You should consult your dermatologist who may prescribe some antibiotics and other medication depending on the diagnosis.

Regards

HERE'S HELP!!!! I too have suffered from this skin condition for a long time.Probably ten years or more. Once or twice a month my face would start to itch around my nose and between my eyebrows. I would lightly scratch it then next thing I knew it was all red and peeling. I know how much it can lower your self esteem. I went on the internet in search of answers and I found this site. Somewhere on here someone said to use Selson Blue. I was already using it for dandruff. So one day I started using it to wash my face. I been doing this for about three months now and I haven't seen any more problems. I hope this will help you. Feel free to e-mail me with your comments. ***@****