dry forehead + sinus problems
I have been having sinus problems for about the past 18 months. Sometimes I can breath with no problem and other times I am stuffed up. I have also had very dry skin in the T-zone and since putting Vaseline on my forehead my sinuses have been clear. If I do not do this 1-2 times a day though I get stuffed up again. What could be the cause of this?
What you seem to be having is chronic sinusitis. It can be due to allergic nasal polyps or tumors, allergic reactions, deviated nasal septum, trauma to the face, respiratory tract infections, allergies such as hay fever, immune system cells or cystic fibrosis.
It is important to find out the cause of chronic sinusitis as then specific treatment can be started. My sincere advice would be to consult an ENT specialist.
I hope it helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing or in case you have any additional doubts. Kind regards.

would the dry skin in the T-zone be caused by any of these?
Dry skin in the T zone is mostly caused by seborrheic dermatitis. Seborrheic dermatitis is a common skin condition that causes flaky,dry, white to yellowish scales to form on oily areas esp under the nose or anywhere on face. The other possibility is of eczema which is a form of chronic dermatitis (rash).Allergic reaction is one of the important causes of eczema. Allergic reaction can occur to strong soaps, Solvents, chemicals, certain foods, food additives, plants, metals, cosmetics, even urine and faeces of some animals (dust mites).

You should get an examination done from a dermatologist to get a precise diagnosis. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.