dry hard skin????-- please help
My skin is normally soft and smooth but recently it feels like it roughened and it's dry and my pores have magnified. I've stopped my normal skin routine (which consists of gentle salicylic acid wash or cetaphil, a solution recommended by my dermatolgoist, topical retinoid A at night, and then moisturizer), because it stings, especially when I put on my moisturizer. So I want to strike out that my skin regimen is causing this reaction. Also I've had a case of bed dust mite allergic reaction 3 weeks ago (it' never happened to me before, I'm 22 now), in which my face swell and my skin roughened and felt dry as well. But we've changed carpet to flooring ever since, so the dust have been kept low. But is it because I've grown a high sensitivity to dust mites now? (I've changed my bed covering and my pillow ever since). Or maybe the change in the weather? (But I've never had a problem with the cold and my skin before?-- I did change my skin regimen since this summer so maybe I've developed some skin sensitivity to the cold????)
Perhaps you are in luck and your oily skin has matured a little, which is causing the oily skin treatment regimen to be too strong.  Our skin goes through stages.  The salicylic acid wash is very drying.  I'd try stopping that first.  If that's not enough, then can you stop the topical retinoiid A?  If the Cetaphil isn't moisturizing enough, I'd ask the dermatologist what he recommends.