dry red itchy patch of skin above lip
i have had this dry patch of skin above my lip for well over 3 years now (age 16 to 19). i would also like to mention the fact that i have had eczema since i was young. my dermatologist gave me ointment for it 2 years ago but it hasn't worked even from the time i got it. it doesn't affect me too much and i'm not that conscious of my appearance but i'm just wondering why it won't go away.

i am also allergic to cat/dog fur and even if it doesn't make contact with my face the dry patch gets itchy (and also other parts of my skin) and that's when it gets annoying because it becomes unbearably itchy and red. there are times where the redness and dryness goes away but it always comes back after a few days. what can i do to fix this redness and dryness for a long time (if not permanently)?
This dry patch can be due to dermatitis skin or eczema. Even atopic dermatitis can cause such a dry patch. There are certain other non-pharmacological measures which are equally important in treating atopic dermatitis. These are Lubricating the skin frequently, avoiding harsh soaps and cleansers, preventing scratching or rubbing whenever possible, protecting skin from excessive moisture, irritants, and rough clothing, maintaining a cool, stable temperature and consistent humidity levels, limiting exposure to dust, cigarette smoke, pollens, and animal dander & Recognizing and limiting emotional stress.

If still the symptoms persist then consult a dermatologist.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Use abreva!! its for cold sores but it worked for my upper lip red patch!! i have everything u have. I suggest giving it a try.