Dermatology Community
dry skin, red rash on penis
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

dry skin, red rash on penis

my boyfriend has been having recurrent penile problems (several months worth) that worsen with intercourse, but are not limited to periods of sexual activity. we are in a long distance relationship so we cannot have sex regularly.

his problems range from itching (mostly on the glans (glands) penis) to small red spots also on the glans (glands), to intense sensitivity and pain during intercourse and after ejaculation. he has been treated for yeast (with miconazole as well as terazol) and has experienced little if any relief. the other day i noticed (while giving him oral sex) that the texture of the skin on the head of his penis was rougher than usual, almost as if there were lots of tiny bumps on it. after he ejaculated the skin of his penis looked so dried out it scared me (not only peeling skin, but the whole head looked somewhat like the skin of a raisin. extremely wrinkled and rough). he has also noticed redness on the head of his penis and a red ring that is especially sensitive around his foreskin.

he is a 22 year old uncircumcised male and says he has never experienced these problems with any other sexual partner. we have both been tested and are monogamous. i tested positive for high risk HPV over the summer and am wondering if that could be the culprit. he is worried that he might need to get circumcised. he has tried moisturizing with vaseline, we always use lubricants during intercourse, and he uses a 1% cortisone cream regularly. could this be an STD? another condition?

please help! this is frustrating and scary