dry skin on feet

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

dry skin on feet

I have a spot the size of a quarter on the top of my foot that is extremely dry.  It has turned dark brown around the outside and white in the center.  I do not have sensation in the middle of the dry spot.  I have tried lotions, neosporin and vaseline to attempt to effectively treat this issue.  What could this be and what are some suggestions for making it better?
Avatar_dr_f_tn

Most dry skin is caused by environmental exposures, such as:weather, central heating and air conditioning, hot showers and bath, and harsh soap and detergents. Are there other signs or symptoms present? How long has it been there? However, the following needs to be ruled out from the differentials: psoriasis, leprosy, thyroid disorders, dehydration, and alcohol and drugs. It is important to have it evaluated by your doctor.
A complete physical examination and some blood tests may be needed to arrive to a diagnosis.

Take care and keep us posted.
Have a Dermatology question?
100,000+ doctor answers