dry skin on penis head

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

dry skin on penis head

6609516?1296694112
i have been having a problem with the skin on the head of my penis..........looks like vertical lines of cracked skin but is red.............does not hurt with no penile discharge.........also have some red patches on my penis head skin and my penis head itches right after masterbation (masturbation).........i masterbate alot......... including right below to the left and right of penis head ...........trying to figure out what this is............does not hurt or hurt when  i urinate.........also redness around my penis urethra..that is this? herpes? what?.
It can be due to chafing skin, eczema or fungal infections but if there is any history of unprotected intercourse, then a STD panel needs to be done. Till that time, do not use any cosmetic products at the sites. You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin. Also wear cotton undergarments. Application of mild corticosteroid cream and oral antiinflammatories like ibuprofen/acetaminophen are also helpful. If the symptoms are severe then it will be best to consult a dermatologist

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.