Dermatology Community
dry skin patches on my face
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

dry skin patches on my face

Within the past month I have had some strange dry patches on my face.  The first stint started with a dry patches under my eyes (they were also red and itchy).  The were also super wrinkly underneath the eyes, it was a big differnence in the way my under eyes usually look.   This finally went away and then about a week ago, I have started to have a dry, red, flaky patch on my right side on my chin right underneath my lip.  Yesterday I went to the salon to get my haircut and in another place my lip started itchy furiously slightly lower than where the corner of my mouth is  I woke up this morning and it is sore and blue/red from itchy so much.  My under eyes are once again super dry and flake when i put concealor on them.  I went to the dermatologist and she didnt suggest Excema.  She said that it could the nail polish that I have been wearing, which is nothing new.  I always have my nails painted with the same brand of fingernail polish.  She also recommended that I do patch testing to see if I am allergic to something.   I have been diganosed with angular keletis within the corners of my mouth and have been using desonide and perscription hydro cortisone for about 6 years.  Does anyone have any sort of suggestion of what this might be, any tips, or over the counter creams/lotions/face mositerizers that you would recommend?

Many thanks!