dry skin
i have red patches of dry flaky skin on both sodes of my cheeks by my nose and also on my forehead in the middle, from in between my eyebrows up to my scalp. i recently started having this problem a couple months ago. i would like to know what it is and how to get rid of it.
The possibility of seborrheic dermatitis is high from your symptoms. Seborrheic dermatitis is a common skin condition that causes flaky, dry, white to yellowish scales to form on oily areas esp. under the nose or anywhere on face.

Topical antifungals and mild steroids are the usual treatment and combination of the two can be used to treat stubborn patches. Oral antifungal drugs and immunomodulators such as tacrolimus and pimecrolimus are used in very severe cases. My advice would be to consult a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.