dry sore scalp and dry hair

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

dry sore scalp and dry hair

I have constant dry scalp.  It does not flake like Dandruff.  I get sore spots all over especiallly along hair line.  I had it bad a few years ago, then it got better.  It just never cleared up.  It hurts to even brush my  hair.  It has made my  hair so dry that I cannot even style it anymore.  It feels good after first washing it, but then it starts all over again.  It itches too.
May be a dry seborrehic dermatitis of scalp.Ketoconazole shampoo weekly once should help much.
I use to have this with progressing scalp odor.  The only thing that helped me was to begin using shampoos without sodium lauryl or laureth sulfate or ammonium lauryl or laureth sulfate.  These chemicals give some sensitive scalp people 'scalp scurf'.  Mild natural shampoos can be found at the health store or online.
Hi:  Never heard of that shampoo, but can I get it at any store.  Thank You for your advice, and I will try it if I can get it.
Hi, for the past two months my daughter and I all of a sudden got extremely dry scalp. we have tried everything. At first, I taught it was lice and I applied lice shampoo to both of our heads. That did not work, so next I tried apple cider vinegar, natural drandruff shampoo, head n shulders,, expensive shampoo from the salon, I don't know what else to do. Our heads itch all the time. It looks like we have dandruff all thru our heads, alot!!!!! please help, it's embarrasing