Dermatology Expert Forum
dry spot on penis

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

dry spot on penis

Hello My concern is my  husband. About 4mths ago he developed a dry spot on the underside of the head of his penis and little red spots that you can barly see around the realm. (Sorry I do not know the proper terms)He went to the doctor and they said if was not herpes or a std. They gave him Nystatin and Triamcinolone Acetonide Cream USP. The doctor said it was probally yeast. However it is always in the same area and it goes away for a while and will come back but never completely goes away. It worsens and becomes very red after sex. I have not gotten anything so I am not concerned about it being an STD. He says it is not sore,It is not raised,there is no discharge.It just will not go away. But I do have HPV ( not the actual warts) The virus that lives in my cervix. Could this be what is affecting him. I have had this for 13yrs and been with him 12yrs. Never had a problem before now. But I always had normals paps until about 8mths ago. He is 38yrs old. What do you reckin this could be.
I think it's mild eczema.  Eczema is not contagious, and looks and acts just as you describe.  The cream he got has an anti-yeast part, but also has triamcinolone, a steroid that helps eczema, and that's the part I think helped.  In other words, I don't think you have anything to worry about.  If the rash persists, have him see a dermatologist.  One visit should be enough to clarify matters.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
Thankyou. It was my understanding that exzema (eczema) was something you have over a long period of time. I did not know it could just show up one day.
I feel much better now that I know this. Thanks
A related discussion, Help was started.